Skip to content

Home

Welcome to CGDA! Here you will find information about our class, samples of works and projects that we have been working on over the years, and other useful information for future students and parents. 


In the Computer Game Development and Animation Program, students learn about the 16 components of computer game development through a team-centered, problem-solving instructional format. Students who make it through the selection process will be presented with new methods of learning, teamwork, and problem-solving skills. We enforce a business professional atmosphere in CGDA and our students exemplify that standard every day at Tech High.

As of 2018, there are over 90 companies in the Maryland quad-state area looking for trained young professionals in the video game and simulation/animation development. In their senior year, students produce E-10 game and animations for their digital portfolios. During their two years in CGDA, Industry professionals will present seminars and give the students insights and advice.

Students with final grades of 85% or higher earn articulated college credits with Hagerstown Community College. CGDA has received the Maryland State Department of Education “Outstanding Secondary Career Technology Program [CTE] Award of Excellence”. As of 2018 school year, 96% of CGDA students choose to advance their knowledge with a college degree and most of the other 4% signed up for military service, to complete college with the Montgomery GI Bill after service to their country.